'SOFT FEEL AND LIGHT HANDS' THE MOVIE (2018)
FULL LENGTH FEATURE DOCUMENTARY FILM:
In January 2018, after the success of his first short film, Steve Halfpenny and Grey Pony Films embarked on the filming of a new full length documentary movie, 'Soft Feel and Light Hands', in South Australia. This new movie is now available to buy worldwide online and on DVDs in Europe and Australia / NZ here.
You can buy 'Soft Feel and Light Horses' the movie now here.
OFFICIAL FESTIVAL SELECTIONS
- NYC Indie Film Festival, July 2018
- European Independent Film Awards, July 2018
'STEVE HALFPENNY' THE SHORT DOCUMENTARY (2017)
SHORT 6 MINUTE DOCUMENTARY FILM:
In July 2017, Steve Halfpenny and Grey Pony Films teamed up to film Steve's first short documentary film, 'Steve Halfpenny', in the UK. This short documentary is free to watch below, and is also available on facebook and youtube. This 6 minute short documentary became the trailer for our new 2018 full length feature documentary. It has received some wonderful reviews and won many film festival awards: "Truly beautiful and spiritual and presented in an extremely soft and inviting way that enables riders and horse enthusiasts to easily listen, learn and absorb." EQUUS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, MONTANA
Steve Halfpenny's short 2017 documentary has been released on facebook and youtube to world-wide acclaim. The movie is an official selection for a number of film festivals around the world, and as won a number of awards. This documentary is presented by Light Hands Equitation. It features Steve Halfpenny, the Australian horseman, #1 best-selling author, Equitana Australia presenter and founder of Light Hands Dressage.
Executive Producers Steve and Irena Halfpenny.
Director, Producer and Cinematography Elaine Heney
Special Thanks to Camilla Swire, Kas Fitzpatrick, Karen French, John Heney & Mandy Monaghan.
Thank you to everyone who helped to make this film possible. You can learn more about Steve here.
- Horse Nation, USA
- Medium, USA
- Equestrian Life, Australia
- Everythinghorse, UK
- Nationalist newspaper, Ireland.
- Tipperary Star, Ireland.
- Best Documentary Diamond Award: European International Film Awards, December 2017
- Best Cinematography Silver Award: European International Film Awards, December 2017
- Best Documentary Silver Award: Hollywood Film Competition, December 2017
- Best Director Diamond Award: Hollywood Film Competition, December 2017
- Best Cinematography Diamond Award: Hollywood Film Competition, December 2017
- Best Equestrian Mini Award: EQUUS Film Festival, New York, November 2017
- Best Documentary Gold Award: NYC Indie Film Awards, November 2017
- Best Director Diamond Award: NYC Indie Film Awards, November 2017
- Best Documentary Gold Award: LA Shorts Awards, October 2017
- Best Equestrian Documentary: Irish International Film Festival, October 2017
FESTIVAL OFFICIAL SELECTIONS:
- Park City International Film Festival, 2018
- Cope Shorts Film Festival, 2018
- EQUUS Film Festival, 2017
- LA Shorts Awards, 2017
- NYC Indie Film Festival, 2017
- Hollywood Film Competition, 2017
- Equinale, 2017
- LAIFFA, 2017
- European Independent Film Awards, 2017
- Berlin Flash Film Festival, 2017
- Boston Galactic Stars Festival, 2017
- EQUUS International Film Festival Montana, 2018
- Utah Film Festival, USA, April 2018
- Family Film Festival, Utah, July 2018